No-bake = game-changer
These no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars were my saving grace after I attempted going to the mall this past Saturday. What was I thinking? Not recognizing that holidays hours had officially started (in November), I confidently ventured out at 5pm thinking I could get in a good hour of focused shopping in while the mall began its wind-down to the 6pm closing time.
The mall did not close at 6pm.
I’m sure you already know how this story goes…and it ends with me, tears streaming down my face, like every other child who doesn’t want to be in the mall any more.
Thank goodness I had these chocolate peanut butter oat bars waiting to comfort me when I got home.
This recipe is proof that the simple things are often the sweetest things…literally. Sure, attacking a challenging and complex 86-step recipe is a shining moment of pride, but being able to put a smile on the face of loved one with just a few minutes and a few simple ingredients is a short-cut worth taking sometimes…more often than not!
The fact that this recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes is totally ridiculous and absolutely amazing. As the holiday season is already in full-swing, anything that can save us a little time in the kitchen is a lifesaver. You could literally throw these no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars together while a batch of cookies are in the oven – multi-tasking at its finest!
These no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars will definitely be making an appearance on my treat plates this year. The smooth chocolate and peanut butter center with chewy bits of sweet rolled oats is a decadent little treat that people are sure to love.
I found these to taste the best when cold so you may want to store them in the fridge until ready to serve. As shown in the picture, I cut mine into 1-inch squares and served them in mini baking cups.
enjoy | liz | xo
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Generously grease a 9x9-inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla, then add in the oats and mix until combined. Cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until ingredients are well blended.
- Transfer half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and press down using the back of a spoon. Reserve the other half for topping.
- In a medium microwaveable dish, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter, in 30 second increments, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the bottom layer in the pan, and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into 1" squares and transferring into mini baking cups (as shown). Refrigerate until ready to serve if desired.
*Having trouble viewing the recipe? Click here to view the full site.