You are my sunshine.
One of my favorite restaurants to hit for a girls night out, working lunch, date night, or any occasion for that matter is Milestones. While there are lots of yummy options, one of my recent obsessions is “The Chopped Salad”. It’s a big, bright, colourful bowl of deliciousness.
I decided to make my own version at home, making sure to include my favourites from the menu version, and adding a few of my own ingredients in for some next level goodness. You can’t help but feel happy and alive inside eating this bowl with loads of freshness and a sweet and zesty vinaigrette.
On its own, this is great as a side (think upcoming picnic and bbq season), or even used as a dip with some tortilla chips. Otherwise, check out my options to turn it into a meal by topping it on a bed of greens with some grilled chicken and feta. Enjoy!
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can peaches and cream corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup Moroccan black olives, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Optional -
- 2-3 chicken breasts, grilled
- Fresh Express Sweet Butter salad mix (or your favourite greens)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Toss peppers, corn, onions, beans, and olives in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette.
- Gently mix in avocado.
- OPTIONAL - Scoop onto a bed of fresh greens. Top with grilled chicken and feta.