If you’re looking for something fun, fast and easy to whip up for a snack or heck, even dinner – look no further! These BBQ CHICKEN ROLL-UPS can be pulled together in a pinch and can be enjoyed alone as a snack or served alongside some vegetables for a balanced meal (or not…no judging here).
I always have a package of puff pastry in my freezer as it has saved my @*!#!!!* on many occasions. Whether it’s to create something sweet or savory, fancy or fun, puff pastry is so versatile and incredibly easy to work with. You can usually find it in your freezer aisle alongside frozen pie crust. Mmmm…pie…we’ll save that for another day 😉
While making these BBQ Chicken Roll-Ups, I initially got a little caught up in trying to make the folds perfect but that didn’t last long. We’re not making origami here folks. Just do your best to ensure all the sides are sealed so you don’t get any of the delicious filling oozing out. And if you do, well, you always have to sample one right?
BBQ chicken and cheddar is such a classic and tasty combination. These BBQ chicken roll-ups would make a perfect snack while watching the game or a dinner solution on a busy night when you have just a few minutes before heading out for hockey practice or karate class. You could also try other combinations of filling that suit your taste buds or occasion. Pulled pork and caramelized onions? Mushrooms and ground beef? Turkey, cranberry sauce and brie? Thanksgiving is just around the corner after all for us Canadians!
enjoy | liz | xo
- 1 package (2 sheets) of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup of your favourite BBQ sauce, plus more for dipping
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a cutting board, unroll one sheet of puff pastry at a time. Cut into quarters. Cut each quarter diagonally so you have 8 triangles. Repeat with second sheet.
- At the widest end, place 1 tbsp chicken, 1 tsp BBQ sauce and 2 tsp cheddar cheese. Fold in the sides and roll, closing all sides so no filling spills out. Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat for remaining triangles.
- Baking for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Let cool for 10 minutes (filling will be hot!).
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce for dipping.