The hardest part about making these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies will be waiting for them to cool so you can dive into the decadent, rich, and delicious goodness. Who knew a brownie could be a lesson in patience!
Four hours is about the perfect length. Or, one Academy Awards show. Yes – one Academy Awards show and your brownies will have cooled, the chocolate and peanut butter chips will have firmed up, and the result? An award-worth treat that is just the right amount of soft and chewy with sweet bits of chocolate and peanut butter throughout.
And the Oscar goes to…this brownie.
You know I totally thiefed a square while they were still piping hot right? Of course I did. Because when it comes to me and chocolate, resistance is futile. But as irresistible as a warm brownie is, the result after waiting a few hours for these to cool is even better.
Did you watch the Academy Awards? I can’t NOT watch them. I knew I should’ve gone to bed at 11pm. By 11:30pm I was already in trouble…what the heck….midnight it was. I was delirious and paid for it the next day but let’s not dwell on that. I had to see Leonardo DiCaprio win and that he did – FINALLY!
These brownies have two hits of peanut butter with some smooth and creamy peanut butter mixed into the batter and peanut butter chips sprinkled throughout. I prefer to use traditional peanut butter in recipes like this but if you experiment with natural peanut butter – let me know!
Like Leo and great movies – peanut butter and chocolate is a classic combo. If you’re a fan of peanut butter and chocolate (who isn’t) you might want to check out these no-bake squares, these blondies, these cookies, or these muffins. Clearly, in the peanut butter and chocolate department, I’ve got you covered (and then some)! What I love about these brownies is that neither the chocolate nor the peanut butter is overpowering. This recipe is the perfect combination of the two flavors allowing each to have their moment to shine. They are each others’ best supporting actors you could say 😉
enjoy | liz | xo
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 10 x 15-inch baking dish with butter or coat with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the sugars, butter and peanut butter at medium speed. Reduce speed to low and ad in the eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and blend until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown. Do not over bake.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.