The gathering, the housewarming, the big game…who doesn’t love a fun party right? Even more so, the yummy food and drinks that go with it. I mean, I love my friends and all but can you just hurry it up along the buffet line please? Thaaaaaaanks. The problem is that sometimes, the food spread can wreak havoc on our good eating plan and leave us going home at the end of the night with a smidgen of regret.
While we should all feel totally ok with enjoying all things in moderation, it’s always nice to have variety. This Zucchini and Caper Dip is a great option for any mindful guests watching their calorie intake. And even if you’re not, it’s still delicious! TOUCHDOWN!
The combination of zucchini, garlic, capers, plain greek yogurt and a few other ingredients come together to create a smooth and creamy dip with a BIG hit of flavor. And the best part, it comes together in minutes, 15 to be exact.
WARNING: The first time I made this I used a whole clove of garlic and it was all I could taste. On the second try, I found sticking to just half a clove went a long way in balancing all the flavors. While you could enjoy this dip warm, I preferred it chilled alongside some crackerbreads and crudités.
Served up with some tasty dippers, I promise people will be amazed how healthy this Zucchini and Caper Dip is. A great alternative to some others that might be loaded with sodium, fat, and unwanted calories. Time for a victory dance I think!
enjoy | liz | xo
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Steam the zucchini for about 5 minutes, until tender. Drain if necessary.
- In a food processor, add the zucchini, garlic, capers, chili flakes, olive oil, and yogurt. Blend until smooth. Add lemon juice.
- Transfer to serving bowl(s) and chill until ready to serve.