Breakfast just got easier, healthier, faster and a whole lot more satisfying.
I swear no matter how early I wake up some days, it sometimes seems impossible to get my #*@! together. Do you ever have those mornings? In my mind, the whole showering, getting ready and dressed, making breakfast and putting together lunch seems a lot simpler than the reality of it all. That’s why I love the idea of prepping breakfast the night before, it’s just one less thing to worry about. Enter – my overnight blueberry and apple muesli.
One of the reasons I love this muesli is because it tastes rich and decadent but there’s no guilt! That comes later…at like 3pm when I need something or anything to do with chocolate. But this muesli has oats, greek yogurt, wild blueberries, apple, honey, oat bran and wheat germ to keep you feeling satisfied until lunch. I like to portion the mixture into serving cups so I don’t even have to scoop it out in the morning – it’s ready to go! And can we talk about the beautiful purple colour from the wild blueberries?!?! A beautiful breakfast is everything isn’t it?
I am a true believer in sitting down for a proper breakfast. Even if all you have is ten minutes, I think it’s essential to starting off the day on the right foot…or the left one. Either will do. It just gives you a few moments to compile your thoughts, plan your day and accomplish one thing on your to-do list – eat breakfast!
enjoy | liz | xo
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat or non-fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen, wild blueberries
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp oat bran
- 1 tbsp coarsely ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cored and finely diced
- In a medium bowl, add the oats and pour the boiled water over. Let sit for 10-15 minutes until the water has been absorbed by the oats.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well until combined. Divide into serving containers, cover and refrigerate for up to three days.