Ooooohhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhhhh…I did it.
I think we all know that I, Liz, 100%, completely, wholeheartedly, totally and absolutely LOVE chocolate, right? It’s as essential as air to me. I also happen to love pecan pie…and butter tarts, so…Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars? This was destiny.
While I’ve never made a butter tart, or pecan pie, I feel I’ve sampled enough to know if this recipe was a hit. How can I put this? These were freaking a-maz-ing! AMAZING! These bars are deliciously decadent and over-the-top sweet. They are not for the faint of heart, and people with casts or braces that restrict movement to express sheer pleasure and enjoyment may want to avoid these. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
As if the image of the golden filling pooling over the buttery crust drowning chunks of pecans and chocolate wasn’t enough to sell you – did I mention these Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars were EASIER than pie to make? They are ridiculously easy. Who said pie was easy anyway? Not I.
Now that I’ve made these Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars, it will not be my last. I will also not leave myself alone in the house with them as it’s amazing how convincing you can be that this piece is broken, and that piece is crooked, and that piece well, you get the idea…gulp.
Conclusion: Make these Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars. Make them now and pass them around for calories are better shared and sugar makes for a happy home, workplace, soccer practice, book club meeting, yoga class…whatever you beautiful people do with the people you love.
enjoy | liz | xo
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1/4" sized cubes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan.
- Using a pastry blender or your food processor, combine the flour, butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Transfer to baking pan and press to form an even, bottom layer.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not over bake.
- Remove and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- To the cooled bottom layer, add the chocolate chips and spread evenly over the crust. Do the same with the pecans, layering on top of the chocolate chips. Pour the egg mixture evenly as the last layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until center has set.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit until cool or overnight. Cut into bars.
*Having trouble viewing the recipe? Click on the recipe title to be taken to the full site.